Thursday, April 26, 2007

Only Love is real

Following were my imaginations, thoughts or what ever you can call, when I was reading 'Only Love is real' yesterday. It is a wonderful book if you believe in Love and souls.

For a change I have tried to give caption to my narration :-).

Two Versions

-A journey through wife’s heart.

My first love was at the age of 16 I was in college then. He was a Muslim guy, his name was Salem. He was a very bright student, if I am right he wanted to be a doctor. He was good looking, tall but not dark :-) and handsome. I never spoke to him during my college days nor did he tried to. He was a very reserved guy, may be proud of his achievements and looks also!

I met Manu in my degree-days. He was our class topper. He was also a reserved guy, who hailed from a middle class family. He never made an attempt to speak to any of the girls. But always spoke to me :-) I didn’t investigate the reason though, but I could sense some feeling in his eyes. Our college days ended, he never tried to give any definitions to the feelings nor did I (May be I was skeptical about his middle class background!)

Prashanth and I were always more than colleagues. Our communication never needed any words. I am not sure whether we had any relationship between us, but before we could give some definition it came to an end.

Version of a sad wife: I think of Saleem when I wear a new dress, no one can match his look of appreciation. My husband does not even recognize that I am wearing a new dress :-( I think of Manu when I succeed in some thing. I still remember the smile and happiness on his face when my seminar was a success. He was always happy for my achievements. My husband is too busy with his world to concentrate on my success and failures. I always miss the intimate silence I used to have with Prashanth. After every conversation of this sort we both felt extremely happy. My hubby and me do sit in silence but hardly we understand that.

My husband is not a bad guy. He does look after me well. Never tries to boss over me. I think I would have been happier if with him if I had not met Saleem, Manu and Prashanth. Some times I feel guilty of cheating on my husband.

I am just a typical ‘wife’ to him. Nothing more than that.

Version of a happy wife: I have had my own share of dreams of love in my life. (Some how I am not convinced to call it as reality!) Saleem, Manu and Prashanth have taught me so much about life, rather life has taught me through them. We were just destined to meet, not to be together. In other words our souls had not decided to be together. My soul mate is my husband. I am not saying this since I am married to him, but I know, souls, which are not destined, to be together will never be together. So if we are together, then some one has planned it and why not executes that plan in a beautiful way?

I feel life chose best for me. I found a friend, guide and a great companion in my husband. We both have learned to accept our shortcomings and live with it.I have understood that all your meetings; the departures (if you can call them so) are planned by your soul. I still love all the guys in my life, after all “Only Love is real”!


“Khudaa to mil heen jaayega
Chaahe jaise kar lo ibaadat ,
Jis rooh se honi hogi
Hogi usi se mohabbat”


1 comment:

  1. hi,
    i am a regular reader of ur blog and this one is really good. i read some where that we meet people for a reason, season and lifetime. one can either make their lives beautiful by learning the way of living from them or make it horrible by comparing all the times.... u have put ur thoughts on this very nicely ...

    u might not believe, i ll be recharged when ever i read ur articles and its helping me a lot in handling some pressures .... keep going and wish u good luck in all the things u do ...

    and u can visit my blog on
    http://alcorspaces.blogspot.com/


    i started it very recently and may be u r one of the inspirations of this one.... it gives me some peace of mind when ever i write ...

    ReplyDelete