Orange cream biscuits were one of my favorites when I was in school. ‘Anna’ (father) always brought them when he went to his friend’s shop. If I remember their price was 25ps/ each those days. We used to eat that in a peculiar way. We ate that cream part in the end, and used to eat that very slowly to make others (siblings off course) envy of that.
After that father used to narrate the story of Ahemmad. I guess the story went on for around 2-3 years like 'K' series mega serial but I swear it was much more interesting. Every day it started with a line that Ahemmad entered the city on a white horse and ended with Ahemmad left the city on a white horse. Some parts even went on for hours together and father ended that story when mom yelled at us. Ahemmad always helped people in all the ways he can.
It was only when we left school that we came to know, Ahemmad was a character created by Anna.
Sis gets same cream biscuits every day from her office but I don’t eat them like I used to and Anna is not here to narrate Ahemmad’s story.
Do we loose the taste of something over a period of time?
“Jaane kyaa mazaa hain bachpan mein
Ki dil hameshaa us taraf bhaagtaa hain,
Phir lout aata hain jawaani mein
Jab aap ki yaad aati hain”
No comments:
Post a Comment